ReturnGO integrates with Starshipit to help you manage your return shipping.
Starshipit is a leading provider of integrated and automated fulfillment solutions for online businesses.
Integrating with various carriers and eCommerce platforms, Starshipit streamlines every step of your fulfillment process, reduces handling time, minimizes human error, and improves the customer experience.
The ReturnGO-Starshipit integration supports:
- Pay-on-scan return labels
- Live tracking status updates
- For live tracking status updates, ReturnGO will provide a webhook listener URL which you can put in your Starshipit account.
|Return Labels||Return Tracking||QR Codes||Auto Select Cheapest||International Shipping|
See a full feature comparison with other shipping carriers.
To link your Starshipit account to ReturnGO, you will need:
- On-Demand Integration
- The ReturnGO-Starshipit integration is currently added on demand. Reach out to ReturnGO Support through chat or email to enlist in this service.
- Starshipit API Key
- Log in to Starshipit > Settings > API to generate a production API key.
When choosing a carrier, it should be configured to support return labels, otherwise, the carrier may show up in your shipping account but will not be listed as a carrier option in ReturnGO.
Linking Your Starshipit Account to ReturnGO
To link your Starshipit account to ReturnGO:
1. Go to Return Methods.
2. Click SHIP WITH PRE-PAID LABEL.
3. Click EDIT.
4. In the Shipping Label Settings section:
a. Set Integrations to Starshipit.
b. Enter your Starshipit API credentials.
c. Click CONNECT. If the connection is successful, the rest of the settings will be editable.
d. Select a carrier.
e. Select a service level.
f. Select a package type (if present).
g. Set a default weight and weight unit.
h. Set custom package dimensions.
5. Verify your Return Address and Shipping Instructions.
6. Scroll back up to where the EDIT button was.
7. Click SAVE.
Note: Australia Post eParcel users need to check in the StarShipIT settings > couriers > Australia Post settings > Advanced tab and make sure that "enable returns" is checked.
Configuring Starshipit Live Tracking Status Updates
Starshipit supports automatic return label tracking updates. However, you will need to manually register with the tracking service in your Starshipit account.
To configure Starshipit live tracking status updates:
1. Get a webhook URL from ReturnGO.
a. Go to Return Methods.
b. Choose the return method you have Starshipit set up for, then go to the Shipping Label Settings section.
c. Copy the webhook listener URL.
2. Add the webhook listener URL in Starshipit.
a. Log in to Starshipit.
b. Navigate to Settings > Customer Notifications.
c. In the Webhook Notifications section:
i. Paste the webhook URL in the relevant field.
ii. Click SAVE.
Troubleshooting the Integration
Many of the issues encountered related to integration can be identified during setup or label generation.
Here are a few things you can check to try and fix such issues:
Make sure your API credentials are accurate.
- There should be no extra spaces before or after each API entry.
- Make sure you are using live or production API credentials, and not dev or test APIs.
- Try to re-generate a new API key and reconnect.
- If a carrier or service level is not available, contact your shipping service support team to verify which return services are available.
- Note: Some carriers support forward deliveries only, returns only, or both.
Label Creation Issues
Verify your Return Address
- Some carriers may not recognize special characters, which might cause issues when generating labels.
- Remove special characters and unnecessary spaces in your return address.
- For example:
- If your store name is “John & Jane Store”, change it to “John and Jane Store”.
- If your store phone number has “+” signs or “( )”, remove them.
- For example:
Verify the Customer's Address
- ReturnGO takes the customer's address when the request is submitted.
- If there are corrections to the customer’s address, reject and resubmit the return request.
Verify the Item Weight
- If the total weight of the items being returned exceeds the service level’s weight limit, then the carrier will reject the label request.
Verify if you can Generate a Return Label
- If your shipping service platform cannot generate the label, then it will also fail in ReturnGO.
For Starshipit-related issues, please contact Starshipit support through the Starshipit > Contact Us page.