Auto-exchange is a policy rule setting that automates the release of exchanged items upon meeting certain conditions.
An exchange order includes all the items the customer requested to exchange in the Returns Merchandise Authorization (RMA). If any item included is set for manual release, then all items will be released manually.
Auto-exchange triggers can be configured to one of the following:
- Items have been validated
- RMA is approved
- Shipment is in-transit
- Shipment has been received
Additionally, you can decide when you want the auto-exchange feature to be triggered. You can trigger the auto-exchange feature immediately or delay it by hours or days.
- The auto-exchange feature is available to Pro plan customers.
- This feature can be configured on variant exchange and product exchange policy rules.
- If the trigger used is shipment is in transit, then integration with a shipping service that supports live tracking status updates is required.
To enable auto-exchange:
1. Go to Return Policy.
2. Choose a variant exchange policy rule.
3. In the RMA Handling Process section:
a. Set the exchange process to Automatic.
b. Set the trigger.
c. Set the execution mode; whether Immediately or After X days/hours
4. Click SAVE.
Note: Repeat steps 2 to 4 for each variant exchange policy rule you want to set to auto-exchange.