ReturnGO integrates with Canada Post to help you manage your return shipping.
Canada Post is one of the leading shipping providers in Canada, providing you with the support and integrations needed for your eCommerce business to efficiently ship and return items.
The ReturnGO-Canada Post integration supports:
- Pay-on-scan return labels
- Live tracking updates
- QR codes
|Return Labels||Return Tracking||QR Codes||Auto Select Cheapest||International Shipping|
See a full feature comparison with other shipping carriers.
To link your Canada Post account to ReturnGO, you will need:
- Canada Post API Key
- Canada Post API Secret
- Canada Post customer number
- Use only the number. For example: In “0001234567 - MYSTORE”, only use “0001234567”.
The image below shows where your API key, secret, and customer number can be found.
To obtain these requirements:
1. Log in to Canada Post > Developer Program.
a. If you have not done so yet:
i. Look for the Developer Program banner.
ii. Click JOIN NOW.
2. Your API credentials will be displayed immediately.
a. Use production keys.
You can read more about getting started with Canada Post here.
Linking Your Canada Post Account to ReturnGO
To link your Canada Post account to ReturnGO:
1. Go to Return Methods.
2. Click SHIP WITH PRE-PAID LABEL.
3. Click EDIT.
4. In the Shipping Label Settings section:
a. Set Integrations to Canada Post.
b. To fulfill the API section, either:
i. (Preferred) Click REGISTER WITH CANADA POST.
1. Follow the prompts in the pop-up window.
2. Once done, this will automatically populate the Canada Post API credentials.
ii. Manually enter your Canada Post API credentials.
1. Click CONNECT.
2. Make sure to enter the API keys accurately. There should be no extra spaces before or after the entries.
c. Select a service level.
d. Set a default weight and weight unit.
e. Set custom package dimensions.
5. Verify your return address and shipping instructions.
6. Scroll up back to where the EDIT button was.
7. Click SAVE.
Troubleshooting the Integration
Many of the issues encountered related to integration can be identified during setup or label generation.
Here are a few things you can check to try and fix such issues:
Make sure your API credentials are accurate.
- There should be no extra spaces before or after each API entry.
- Make sure you are using live or production API credentials, and not dev or test APIs.
- Try to re-generate a new API key and reconnect.
- If a carrier or service level is not available, contact your shipping service support team to verify which return services are available.
Note: Some carriers support forward deliveries only, returns only, or both.
Label Creation Issues
Verify your Return Address
- Some carriers may not recognize special characters, which might cause issues when generating labels.
- Remove special characters and unnecessary spaces in your return address.
- For example:
- If your store name is “John & Jane Store”, change it to “John and Jane Store”.
- If your store phone number has “+” signs or “( )”, remove them.
- For example:
Verify the Customer's Address
- ReturnGO collects the customer's address when the request is submitted.
- If there are corrections to the customer’s address, reject and resubmit the return request.
Verify the Item Weight
- If the total weight of the items being returned exceeds the service level’s weight limit, then the carrier will reject the label request.
Verify if you can Generate a Return Label
- If your shipping service platform cannot generate the label, then it will also fail in ReturnGO.
Canada Post-Related Issues
For Canada Post-related issues, please contact Canada Post Support through the Canada Post > Contact Us page.