ReturnGO integrates with NZ Post (eShip) to help you manage your returns shipping.
eShip is NZ Post's cloud-based app that integrates with your eCommerce platform to automate the process of order delivery and return and specializes in sending or returning multiple packages at once.
The ReturnGO-eShip integration supports:
- Pay-on-scan return labels
- Live tracking status updates
- For live tracking status updates, ReturnGO provides a webhook listener URL that you can put in your eShip account.
|Return Labels||Return Tracking||QR Codes||Auto Select Cheapest||International Shipping|
See a full feature comparison with other shipping carriers.
To link your eShip account to ReturnGO you will need:
eShip API key and Subscription Key
- The ReturnGO-eShip Integration is currently added on-demand. Reach out to ReturnGO Support through chat or email to enlist in this service.
Linking Your eShip Account to ReturnGO
To link your eShip account to your ReturnGO account:
1. Go to Return Methods.
2. Click SHIP WITH PRE-PAID LABEL.
3. Click EDIT.
4. In the Shipping Label Settings section:
a. Set Integrations to eShip.
b. Enter your eShip API credentials.
c. Click CONNECT. If the connection is successful, then the rest of the settings will be editable.
d. Select a service level.
e. Select a package type (if present).
f. Set a default weight and weight unit.
g. Set custom package dimensions.
5. Verify your Return Address and Shipping Instructions.
6. Scroll up back to where the EDIT button was.
7. Click SAVE.
Configuring eShip Live Tracking Status Updates
eShip supports automatic return label tracking updates. However, you need to manually register for the tracking service in your eShip account.
To configure eShip live tracking status updates:
1. Get the webhook URL from ReturnGO.
a. Go to Return Methods.
b. Choose the return method you have eShip set up for.
c. Go to the Shipping Label section.
d. Copy the webhook listener URL.
2. Add the webhook listener URL in eShip.
a. Log in to eShip.
b. Go to Settings > Customer Notifications.
c. Paste the webhook URL in the relevant field.
d. Click SAVE.
Troubleshooting the Integration
Most of the issues encountered related to integration are identified during the setup or actual label generation.
Here are a few things you can check and try to fix such issues:
Many of the issues encountered related to integration can be identified during setup or label generation.
Here are a few things you can check to try and fix such issues:
Make sure your API credentials are accurate.
- There should be no extra spaces before or after each API entry.
- Make sure you are using live or production API credentials, and not dev or test APIs.
- Try to re-generate a new API key and reconnect.
- If a carrier or service level is not available, contact your shipping service support team to verify which return services are available.
Note: Some carriers support forward deliveries only, returns only, or both.
Label Creation Issues
Verify your Return Address
- Some carriers may not recognize special characters, which might cause issues when generating labels.
- Remove special characters and unnecessary spaces in your return address.
- For example:
- If your store name is “John & Jane Store”, change it to “John and Jane Store”.
- If your store phone number has “+” signs or “( )”, remove them.
- For example:
Verify the Customer's Address
- ReturnGO takes the customer's address when the request is submitted.
- If there are corrections to the customer’s address, reject and resubmit the return request.
Verify the Item Weight
- If the total weight of the items being returned exceeds the service level’s weight limit, then the carrier will reject the label request.
Verify if you can Generate a Return Label
- If your shipping service platform cannot generate the label, then it will also fail in ReturnGO.
For eShip-related issues, please contact eShip Support through the eShip > Contact our eShip Support Team page.