ReturnGO integrates with Klaviyo to enable you to easily customize and automate notifications. By integrating the two platforms, you can update customers' Klaviyo profiles with return events as metrics, and create Klaviyo flows to send RMA-related emails and/or SMS notifications instead of sending them through ReturnGO.
The Klaviyo integration supports:
- Automated event triggers.
- Sending emails and SMSs using RMA information and events.
- Viewing return event metrics in Klaviyo.
You can read more about Klaviyo here.
To link Klaviyo to your ReturnGO account, you will need:
- Klaviyo account
- Klaviyo API Key
To get your Klaviyo API key:
- Log in to your Klaviyo account.
- Go to Account & Billing > Settings.
- Click on API KEYS.
- Create a full-access Private API Key.
Linking Your Klaviyo Account to ReturnGO
To link your Klaviyo account to ReturnGO:
- Go to Integration > Products & Services.
- Click on +ADD PRODUCT OR SERVICE.
- Choose Klaviyo from the drop-down list.
- Click the green check mark.
- Enter your credentials.
- Click CONNECT.
Before starting to use the integration, it’s a good idea to test the events to see how they affect Klaviyo flows and filters and to show ReturnGO events as metrics in Klaviyo.
To manually test specific event triggers and see the effects in Klaviyo:
- Go to Settings > Email > Content.
- Click on the test tube icon next to the relevant event.
3. In the test email pop-up:
- Type the email address/es to which the test email should be sent.
- Click SEND.
This sends the relevant event to Klaviyo. The event includes sample data in order to give you an idea of what it will look like.
Once the test is sent, the following will happen:
- The event will be displayed in the timeline of the customer profile (based on the email address used in the test), including the event data.
- You can include the event in the metrics of the customer profile.
- To add an event as a metric in Klaviyo:
- Click the EDIT button next to the Metrics header.
- Select a ReturnGO event from the drop-down menu.
- Click the ADD METRIC button.
- Click the UPDATE button.
- The event can be set as a metric trigger in Klaviyo flows.
- You can use the event as a filter in Klaviyo flows, segmentations, and other functions. The event's data variables can be used in a similar manner.
Sending Notifications from Klaviyo
Choose which notifications to send via Klaviyo, ReturnGO, or not send at all.
The system will update your Klaviyo account only for events that you select on the Settings > Email > Content page.
To define the channel through which each notification will be sent:
- Go to Settings > Email > Content.
- Click on the dropdown next to the notification you want to change.
- Select whether you want to send it via Klaviyo, ReturnGO, or not at all.
- Click the save icon.
For notifications you mark as “Sent by Klaviyo”, create Klaviyo flows to send them and trigger these flows based on the relevant events.
Note: It's recommended to set up your flows in Klaviyo before changing your ReturnGO settings to send notifications via Klaviyo.
Events & Variables
Clicking on the lightning bolt icon at the top of the email content page will take you to the Variables & Events page, where you can view all RMA events and variables that can be used in Klaviyo flows.
RMA events such as request approved or shipment received can be used to trigger notifications in Klaviyo based on RMA information.
RMA variables such as RMA status or reject reason can be used within your notification content to personalize your notifications by incorporating RMA variables into your customer notifications.
Troubleshooting the Integration
Here are some common issues and how you can address them.
Make sure your API credentials are accurate.
- There should be no extra spaces before or after each API entry.
- Make sure you are using live or production API credentials, and not dev or test APIs.
- Try to re-generate a new API key and reconnect.
- Adding attached files and additional details to RMA status update emails is not currently supported by the Klaviyo integration.
- Klaviyo supports only plain text, not rich text.
For Klaviyo-related issues, please contact Klaviyo support.
For any other issues, feel free to contact ReturnGO support through chat or email.