ReturnGO integrates with ShipStation to help you manage your return shipping.
ShipStation is a web-based order management and shipping software designed to help you be exceptionally efficient at processing, fulfilling, shipping, and returning eCommerce orders.
ShipStation combines order processing, inventory management, the creation of shipping labels, and customer communication.
The ReturnGO-ShipStation integration has the capability to generate forward shipping labels with the store’s return address as the destination.
Note: Pay-on-scan return labels are currently not supported.
|Return Labels||Return Tracking||QR Codes||Auto Select Cheapest||International Shipping|
See a full feature comparison with other shipping carriers.
To link your ShipStation account to ReturnGO, you will need:
- ShipStation API key
- To generate a production API key, log in to ShipStation > Settings > API.
- A valid payment method registered in your ShipStation account.
- To check your payment method in ShipStation, log in to ShipStation > Update Billing Details.
When choosing a carrier, it should be configured to support return labels.
- Otherwise, the carrier may show up in your shipping account but will not be listed as a carrier option in ReturnGO.
Linking your ShipStation Account to ReturnGO
To link your ShipStation account:
1. Go to Return Methods.
2. Click SHIP WITH PRE-PAID LABEL.
3. Click EDIT.
4. In the Shipping Label Settings section:
a. Set integrations to Shipstation.
b. Enter your Shipstation API key and secret, then click CONNECT. If the connection is successful, then the rest of the settings will be editable.
c. Select a carrier.
d. Select a service level.
e. Select a package type (if present).
f. Set a default weight and weight unit.
g. Set custom package dimensions.
5. Verify your Return Address and Shipping Instructions.
6. Scroll up back to the EDIT button.
7. Click SAVE.
Troubleshooting the Integration
Many of the issues encountered related to integration can be identified during setup or label generation.
Here are a few things you can check to try and fix such issues:
Make sure your API credentials are accurate.
- There should be no extra spaces before or after each API entry.
- Make sure you are using live or production API credentials - not dev or test APIs.
- Try to re-generate a new API key and try to reconnect.
- If a courier service or service level is not available, contact your shipping service support team to verify which “return” services are available for you.
Note: Some carriers support forward deliveries only, returns only, or both.
Label Creation Issues
Verify Your Return Address
- Some carriers may not recognize special characters which might cause issues when generating labels.
- Remove special characters and unnecessary spaces in your return address.
- For example:
- If your store name is “John & Jane Store”, change it to “John and Jane Store”.
- If your store’s contact number has “+” or “( )” signs, remove them.
- For example:
Verify the Customer’s Address
- ReturnGO takes the customer's address at the time of the return request.
- In case there are corrections to the customer’s address, reject and resubmit the return request.
Verify the Item Weight
- If the total weight of all the items being returned exceeds the service level’s weight limit, then the carrier will reject the label request.
For ShipStation-related issues, please contact ShipStation support at ShipStation > How to Contact ShipStation.