ReturnGO integrates with DHL Express to help you manage your return shipping.
DHL Express is one of the world’s leading shipping companies. The integration offers both domestic and international shipments.
When your DHL Express and ReturnGO accounts are integrated, you will be able to select one of 3 possible service levels for each return method:
- PCX - express worldwide
- DOM - domestic express
- ECX - EU express
For international shipments, both a return shipping label and a commercial invoice will be generated, based on the products in the RMA.
The DHL Express integration supports:
- Pre-paid return labels
- Live tracking status updates
- International shipping
|Return Labels||Return Tracking||QR Codes||Auto Select Cheapest||International Shipping|
See a full feature comparison with other shipping carriers.
To connect your DHL Express account to ReturnGO, you will need your:
- DHL international account number
- API key
- API secret
To get the API key and API secret, go to the DHL developers portal and register for a developer account.
- Click on the APIs button at the top of the DHL developers portal and then click on BROWSE ALL SERVICES.
2. Search for DHL Express and click on the header.
3. Once on the DHL Express page, click the GET ACCESS button.
4. Fill in the relevant information and log in to your MyDHL account.
5. On the DHL registration page, under "How would you like to use the API?", select "I require credentials to DHL Express – MyDHL API for an existing plugin/ecommerce platform/third-party solution" and type in ReturnGO.
6. Under Requested Services, check all the services available.
7. Once your request is approved, go to your newly created user page.
8. Click on the name of the app.
9. View and save your API key and secret.
Linking Your DHL Express Account to ReturnGO
To link your DHL Express account with ReturnGO:
1. Go to Settings > Return Methods.
2. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click ADD NEW METHOD to configure a new return method.
3. Select the ship with pre-paid label return method.
4. In the Shipping Label Settings section, select DHL Express from the list of integrations and fill in your DHL account number, API Key and API Secret.
5. Select your preferred service level for this return method and fill in the custom dimensions.
Troubleshooting the Integration
Many of the issues encountered related to integration can be identified during setup or label generation.
Here are a few things you can check to try and fix such issues:
Make sure your API credentials are accurate.
- There should be no extra spaces before or after each API entry.
- Make sure you are using live or production API credentials, and not dev or test APIs.
- Try to re-generate a new API key and reconnect.
- Make sure to use your international account number.
- If a carrier or service level is not available, contact your shipping service support team to verify which return services are available.
Note: Some carriers support forward deliveries only, returns only, or both.
Label Creation Issues
Verify Your Return Address
- Some carriers may not recognize special characters, which might cause issues when generating labels.
- Remove special characters and unnecessary spaces in your return address.
- For example:
- If your store name is “John & Jane Store”, change it to “John and Jane Store”.
- If your store phone number has “+” signs or “( )”, remove them.
Verify the Customer Address
- ReturnGO takes the customer's address when the request is submitted.
- If there are corrections to the customer’s address, reject and resubmit the return request.
Verify the Item Weight
- If the total weight of the items being returned exceeds the service level’s weight limit, then the carrier will reject the label request.
Verify if you can Generate a Return Label for the Order Directly in the Shipping Platform
- If your shipping service platform cannot generate the label, then it will also fail in ReturnGO.
DHL Express-Related Issues
For DHL Express-related issues, please contact DHL Express Support at your local DHL support.