ReturnGO integrates with Shippo to help you manage your returns shipping.
Shippo is a shipping solution that automates and streamlines your return process to save you time and money.
The ReturnGO-Shippo integration supports:
- Pay-on-scan return labels
- QR code generation through supported carriers:
- Evri - for both forward and return labels.
- USPS - only for forward labels, and only for supported services. Unsupported modes will result in an error.
- Live tracking status updates
|Return Labels||Return Tracking||QR Codes||Auto Select Cheapest||International Shipping|
See a full feature comparison with other shipping carriers.
To link your Shippo account to ReturnGO, you will need:
Shippo API token
- Log in to Shippo > Settings > API to generate a production API key.
Shippo API (Latest Version)
- In some cases, using an older Shippo API version will prevent label creation.
- Log in to Shippo > Settings > API to verify or upgrade your Shippo API version.
Valid Payment Method
- The payment method must be registered in your Shippo account.
- Log in to Shippo > Settings > Account > Billing to set up a payment method in Shippo.
When choosing a carrier, it should be configured to support return labels.
- Otherwise, the carrier may show up in your shipping account but will not be listed as a carrier option in ReturnGO.
Linking your Shippo Account to ReturnGO
To link your Shippo account to ReturnGO:
1. Go to Return Methods.
2. Click SHIP WITH PRE-PAID LABEL.
3. Click EDIT.
4. In the Shipping Label Settings section:
a. Set Integrations to Shippo.
b. Enter your Shippo API token.
c. Click CONNECT. If the connection is successful, the rest of the settings will be editable.
d. Select a carrier.
e. Select a service level.
f. Select a package type (if present).
g. Set a default weight and weight unit.
h. Set custom package dimensions.
5. Verify your Return Address and Shipping Instructions.
6. Scroll back up to where the EDIT button was.
7. Click SAVE.
Troubleshooting the Integration
Many of the issues encountered related to integration can be identified during setup or label generation.
Here are a few things you can check to try and fix such issues:
Make sure your API credentials are accurate.
- There should be no extra spaces before or after each API entry.
- Make sure you are using live or production API credentials, and not dev or test APIs.
- Try to re-generate a new API key and reconnect.
- If a carrier or service level is not available, contact your shipping service support team to verify which return services are available.
Note: Some carriers support forward deliveries only, returns only, or both.
Label Creation Issues
Verify your Return Address
- Some carriers may not recognize special characters, which might cause issues when generating labels.
- Remove special characters and unnecessary spaces in your return address.
- For example:
- If your store name is “John & Jane Store”, change it to “John and Jane Store”.
- If your store phone number has “+” signs or “( )”, remove them.
- For example:
Verify the Customer's Address
- ReturnGO takes the customer's address when the request is submitted.
- If there are corrections to the customer’s address, reject and resubmit the return request.
Verify the Item Weight
- If the total weight of the items being returned exceeds the service level’s weight limit, then the carrier will reject the label request.
Verify if you can Generate a Return Label for the Order Directly in the Shipping Platform
- If your shipping service platform cannot generate the label, then it will also fail in ReturnGO.
For Shippo-related issues, please contact Shippo support.
- See the Shippo > Contact page.