ReturnGO integrates with EasyPost to help you manage your return shipping. EasyPost is a shipping aggregator that solves complex logistics problems for online merchants, enabling a seamless online shopping experience.
The ReturnGO-EasyPost integration supports:
- Pay-on-scan return labels
- Live tracking status updates
- QR codes (when using USPS or FedEx)
- International shipping
|Return Labels||Return Tracking||QR Codes||Auto Select Cheapest||International Shipping|
See a full feature comparison with other shipping carriers.
The EasyPost integration also supports requiring signature confirmation to verify that the shipment was delivered to the correct address and received.
To use this feature, the integration will generate outbound shipping labels with the addresses flipped, instead of return shipping labels. Take into account that this might lead to different costs or other logistical issues such as customs.
Contact support to enable.
To link your EasyPost account to ReturnGO, you will need:
EasyPost API token
- Log in to EasyPost > Account > API Keys to generate a production API key.
- You can learn more about collecting your API keys here.
When choosing a shipping carrier, make sure it’s configured to support return labels, otherwise, the shipping carrier may show up in your shipping account but will not be listed as a carrier option in ReturnGO.
Linking Your EasyPost Account to ReturnGO
To link your EasyPost account to ReturnGO:
- Go to Return Methods.
- Click SHIP WITH PRE-PAID LABEL.
- Click EDIT.
- In the Shipping Label Settings section:
- Set Integrations to EasyPost.
- Enter your EasyPost API token.
- Click CONNECT. If the connection is successful, then the rest of the settings will be editable.
- Select a carrier.
- Select a service level.
- Select a package (if available).
- Set a default weight and weight unit.
- Set custom package dimensions.
- Verify your Return Address and Shipping Instructions.
- Scroll up back to where the EDIT button was.
- Click SAVE.
Troubleshooting the Integration
Many of the issues encountered related to integration can be identified during setup or label generation.
Here are a few things you can check to try and fix such issues:
Make sure your API credentials are accurate.
- There should be no extra spaces before or after each API entry.
- Make sure you are using live or production API credentials, and not a dev or test API.
- Try to re-generate a new API key and reconnect.
- If a carrier or service level is not available, contact your shipping service support team to verify which return services are available.
- Note: Some shipping carriers support forward deliveries only, returns only, or both.
Label Creation Issues
Verify your Return Address
- Some carriers may not recognize special characters, which might cause issues when generating labels.
- Remove special characters and unnecessary spaces in your return address.
- For example:
- If your store name is “John & Jane Store”, change it to “John & Jane Store”.
- If your store phone number has “+” signs or “( )”, remove them.
Verify the Customer's Address
- ReturnGO takes the customer’s address when the request is submitted.
- If there are corrections to the customer’s address, reject and resubmit the return request.
Verify the Item Weight
- If the total weight of items being returned exceeds the service level’s weight limit, then the carrier will reject the label request.
Verify if you can Generate a Return Label
If your shipping service platform cannot generate the label, then it will also fail in ReturnGO.
For EasyPost-related issues, please contact EasyPost Support through the EasyPost > Contacting Support page.